Saturday, November 29, 2008

Lisbon, Portugal

I am in Lisbon for "Lisbon Invites You" - a CouchSurfing meeting. There are people from all over the world, and I got to meet a bunch of really cool travelers. I met a French guy who said that considering that Obama will be America's president, and that Sarkozy is France's president, he for the first time wishes he were American. I met a cool American girl who buys a small flag in every countries she visits and patches it onto her bag. It was really cool to see all the flags together - especially Israel next to Egypt and Jordan. I also met a Dutch guy who got a $3500 USD rebate from his government, so he decided to travel. He made it last 2.5 years by traveling in cheap places such as Africa and the Middle East.

From Lisbon, Portugal


Being in Portugal, I met a lot of Brazilians and people who are planning to travel to Brazil (Brazil is a former Portuguese colony). I decided that I'm going to spend a few months in Brazil and travel from there. I should make it for Carnival in February. Should be insane :)

No comments: