Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hostel from Hell

My bus arrives in Prague at 10:30 PM - two hours late. After stepping over urinating homeless people for 30 minutes, I decide to cheat and take a cab to the hostel. The meter is running WAY too fast, but there's really nothing I can do.

At the hostel, I'm told that they gave away my bed in the five person room. But that's no problem, I can sleep for free in the 32 bed room. In fact, I will have the room to myself because tomorrow they're doing "routine" extermination. Oh really? Actually I had read in online reviews that everyone had complained that the big room had bedbug issues. I tell him that I refuse to sleep with bedbugs, and he offers me to sleep on a couch at the bar. Um, sorry still not acceptable. He then offers a free cab to another hostel. I agree to this, but immediately go online to find my own hostel, because I don't trust this guy AT all. He comes back and says he booked me a room at another hostel, but the price he quoted was MUCH higher than what was offered online. I tell him that I refuse to pay that much and I continue to use the hostel computer to search for another hostel. This guy is trying to screw me in every orifice.

After five minutes, he returns, says he "moved" someone out of a five person room (probably offered the sucker a free bedbug bed) and said I could stay for free in a 5 person room. I accept.

The room is gross, and the bed squeaks as I climb in, waking everyone up. At around 3am, while everyone is sleeping, a drunk guy walks in and flops down in a bed. He gets mad when I refuse to make small talk with him.

In the morning I wake up, eat my free breakfast, and get the hell out of there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Prague is the best city. Very unique.