Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pilsen, Czech Repubic - my first Couch Surfing experience

So I decided to take my first stab at CouchSurfing. Basically people offer up their couches to random travelers for free. It's a cool way to stay for free and meet local people. I decided to surf in Pilsen, Czech Republic, home of Pilsner Urquell beer, and the term "Pilsner".

From Pilsen, Czech Republic


I got into town, spent a few hours walking around, and then met up with my CouchSurfing host. He's a Pilsen local and a student studying business economics in the local university. We took the tram to his parents house in the suburbs. It was REALLY nice and overlooked the town. I met his family and there were all really cool.

We went out in Pilsen and discussed some Czech history. The next day we checked out the synagogue in town (3rd largest in the world) and checked out the Pilsner Urquell factory. I confessed I preferred the Czech beer Budweiser Budvar to Pilsner Urquell but he didn't take it personally.

It was a cool first surfing experience. The first of many for sure...

No comments: