Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Poznan, Poland

I'm here in Poznan for Rus' wedding. It's a cool town that I probably would not have thought to visit if not for the wedding. The wedding was in a really cool church built in the mid 17th century. Pictures to come. The reception followed at a restaurant in the main town square.

From Rus' wedding in Poznan, Poland


Upon finding my seat I noticed that along with the normal glasses and utensils, there was a shot glass. Next thing you know waiters bring a vodka bottle for every five people. We toast, drink, eat, repeat. Keep in mind its 4 PM. When the dancing started a good 90% of the guests were on the dance floor. Pretty awesome.

From Rus' wedding in Poznan, Poland


The party wound down at 2 or so and we headed to Buddha Bar nearby. Things are fuzzy at this point but I didn't get home till 6. I can confirm - Polish weddings rock!

Next stop is Prague. I'm staying at the Clown and Bard - a famous Prague party hostel. They have a room that sleeps 32 people. Reviews said don't stay in that room if you want to sleep before 6 am. One review said it was awesome except for the blood sucking bed bugs. Sorry to wus out on you guys, but I booked a 5 person room. Lame, I know.

PS. On the bus to Prague, Break Point came on which got me really psyched. Too bad it was dubbed in Polish - argh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only till two? That's not long at all. Normally Polish weddings last till 6 am, sometimes longer. So nothing special really...

P.